Los Angeles, United States, September 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Ovarian Cancer Pipeline Advanced Report: Current Therapies, Emerging Drugs, and Treatment Prospects | SearchInsight
There are approximately 50+ key companies developing therapies for advanced ovarian cancer. The drug candidates from ImmunoGen and OncoQuest Inc. are at the most advanced stage (Phase III). The Advanced Ovarian Cancer pipeline appears robust due to its prevalence and the growing demand for effective therapies.
“DelveInsight”Advanced ovarian cancer pipeline overview”Report provides comprehensive information on 50+ companies and 50+ pipeline drugs in Advanced Ovarian Cancer pipeline landscapes. It includes drug profiles from the Advanced Ovarian Cancer pipeline, including clinical and non-clinical stage products. It also includes the therapeutic evaluation of advanced ovarian cancer by product type, stage, route of administration and molecule type and highlights inactive products in the advanced ovarian cancer pipeline.
Some of the main takeaways from the Advanced Ovarian Cancer Pipeline Report
- Large companies such as ImmunoGen, OncoQuest, Lee’s Pharmaceutical, Allarity Therapeutics, AstraZeneca, Jiangxi Qingfeng Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., CSPC ZhongQi Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd., Ellipses Pharma, Merck KGaA, Pfizer, Jiangsu HengRui Medicine Co., Ltd., Boehringer Ingelheim, Impact Therapeutics, Inc., Glycotope, Puma Biotechnology, Inc., MaxCyte, Inc., Bayer, Xennials Therapeutics, Chia Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd., Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., Astellas Pharma Inc, and others are developing potential drug candidates to improve the treatment scenario for advanced ovarian cancer.
- The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted orphan drug designation To mirvetuximab to treat ovarian cancer; mirvetuximab has also achieved this designation in the EU.
- In June 2018, the FDA granted Fast Track designation for mirvetuximab to treat patients with medium to high platinum resistant FRα-positive ovarian cancer who have received at least one but not more than three previous systemic regimens for which single agent chemotherapy is appropriate as a line of treatment next.
- In August 2021, Sutro Biopharma received Fast Track designation for STRO-002 by the US FDA for patients with advanced ovarian cancer.
- In February 2021, the FDA granted fast-track designation for GEN-1 DNA-mediated interleukin-12 immunotherapy to treat patients with advanced ovarian cancer. Developed using Celsion’s proprietary TheraPlas platform technology, GEN-1 is an IL-12 DNA plasmid vector enclosed in a nanoparticle delivery system, which enables cell transformation followed by emission persistent localization of the IL-12 protein.
- In April 2021, Zentalis Pharmaceuticals announced a clinical collaboration agreement to evaluate its ZN-c3 and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) ZEJULA (niraparib) combination in patients with advanced epithelial ovarian cancer.
- Stenoparib (2X-121), a single small molecule dual target inhibitor of poly ADP-ribose polymerases (PARP 1 and 2) and telomerase maintenance enzymes (Tankyrase 1 and 2), has been exclusively licensed by Allarity Therapeutics (worldwide) from Eisai and is currently being evaluated in a Phase II clinical trial for advanced ovarian cancer.
- In January 2020, Mereo BioPharma Group and Oncology entered into a worldwide license agreement to develop and commercialize navicixizumab. Navicixizumab is a bispecific anti-DLL4 / Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) antibody which is currently being evaluated, in combination with paclitaxel, for the treatment of patients with heavily pretreated advanced ovarian cancer. The FDA granted the expedited designation to navicixizumab in October 2019.
Get an overview of the pipeline landscape @ Review of advanced clinical trials in ovarian cancer
Advanced ovarian cancer is cancer that has spread outside the ovary. It may have spread to the pelvis or abdomen or further to other parts of the body, such as the lungs.
Emerging drugs for advanced ovarian cancer
- Mirvetuximab soravtansine (IMGN853): ImmunoGen
Mirvetuximab soravtansine (IMGN853) is a first-class ADC comprising a folate receptor alpha (FRα) binding antibody, a cleavable linker and the maytansinoid payload DM4, a potent tubulin targeting agent to kill targeted cancer cells. The drug is currently being evaluated in phase III development for the treatment of advanced ovarian cancer.
OncoQuestthe main product candidate of is oregovomab, an anti-CA-125 antibody for the treatment of ovarian cancer, which has encountered a Phase 2 first-line randomized controlled study. The company is leading a Phase 3, Double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter clinical study comparing chemoimmunotherapy (paclitaxel – carboplatin – oregovomab with chemotherapy (paclitaxel-carboplatin-placebo) in patients with advanced epithelial carcinoma of the ovary, tubes of Fallopian or peritoneum (FLORA-5 / GOG-3035).
- IMP4297: Therapeutic IMPACT
IMP4297 is a new agent targeting PARP developed by IMPACT therapy. The company has initiated a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, multicenter, phase III clinical study in China to evaluate the efficacy and safety of IMP4297 as maintenance therapy in patients with advanced ovarian cancer after first-line chemotherapy containing platinum.
- Stenoparib: therapy for allarity
Stenoparib (2X-121) is a unique small molecule dual target inhibitor of poly ADP-ribose polymerases (PARP 1 and 2) and telomerase maintenance enzymes (Tankyrase 1 and 2). Allarity licensed it exclusively (globally) from Eisai. Stenoparib DRP® is approved for ovarian cancer. It is currently being evaluated for the treatment of advanced ovarian cancer in a Phase II clinical trial at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute using the Stenoparib DRP® companion diagnostic to guide patient recruitment and improve treatment outcomes. .
For more information, refer to the detailed report @ Advanced Therapeutics of Ovarian Cancer Pipeline
Scope Advanced ovarian cancer pipeline drug overview
- Blanket: Global
- Major players: more than 50 key players
- Prominent players: ImmunoGen, OncoQuest, Lee’s Pharmaceutical, Allarity Therapeutics, AstraZeneca, Jiangxi Qingfeng Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., CSPC ZhongQi Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd., Ellipses Pharma, Merck KGaA, Pfizer, Jiangsu HengRui Medicine Co., Ltd., Boehringer Ingelheim, Impact Therapeutics, Inc., Glycotope, Puma Biotechnology, Inc., MaxCyte, Inc., Bayer, Xennials Therapeutics, Chia Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd., Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., Astellas Pharma Inc, and many more .
- Key Drug Profiles: Over 50 Products
- Steps :
Advanced therapies for advanced stage ovarian cancer (phase III)
Advanced therapies for mid-term ovarian cancer (phase II)
Advanced therapies for early stage ovarian cancer (phase I)
Candidates in the advanced preclinical stage of ovarian cancer and discovering
Abandoned and inactive candidates
DLL4 protein inhibitors
Vascular endothelial growth factor A inhibitors
WEE1 protein inhibitors
· Gene transfer; Interleukin 12 substitutes
· DNA topoisomerase I inhibitors; Hypoxia inducible factor 1 alpha inhibitors
· Tubulin polymerization inhibitors; Apoptosis stimulants
· Genetical therapy
Mono / Combination
Key questions about the current Advanced Ovarian Cancer Treatment Landscape and emerging therapies addressed in the pipeline report
- What are the current options for the treatment of advanced ovarian cancer?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of advanced ovarian cancer?
- How many emerging therapies are there for advanced ovarian cancer in early, intermediate and advanced stages of development to treat advanced ovarian cancer?
- What are the key collaborations (industry-industry, industry-university), mergers & acquisitions, and significant licensing activities that will impact the Advanced Ovarian Cancer market?
- What are dormant and abandoned products and the reasons for them?
- What is the unmet need for current therapies for the treatment of advanced ovarian cancer?
- What are the new therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies currently being developed to overcome the limitations of existing advanced therapies for ovarian cancer?
- What are the critical designations that have been given to emerging therapies for advanced ovarian cancer?
- How many patents are granted and pending for emerging therapies to treat advanced ovarian cancer?
|1||Introduction to the Advanced Ovarian Cancer Report|
|2||Executive Summary on Advanced Ovarian Cancer|
|3||Overview of advanced ovarian cancer|
|4||Advanced Therapeutics of Ovarian Cancer Pipeline|
|5||Advanced therapeutic evaluation of ovarian cancer|
|6||Advanced Ovarian Cancer – In-depth Business Assessment from DelveInsight’s Analytical Perspective|
|7||Advanced stage ovarian cancer products (phase III)|
|7.1||Mirvetuximab soravtansine (IMGN853): ImmunoGen|
|8||Intermediate stage advanced ovarian cancer products (phase II)|
|8.1||EP0057: Ellipses Pharma|
|9||Early stage advanced ovarian cancer products (phase I)|
|9.1||DS-6000a: Daiichi Sankyo Company|
|ten||Advanced Ovarian Cancer Preclinical and Discovery Stage Products|
|11||Inactive products for advanced ovarian cancer|
|12||Key companies in advanced ovarian cancer|
|13||Key products for advanced ovarian cancer|
|14||Unmet needs of advanced ovarian cancer|
|15||Drivers and Obstacles in the Advanced Ovarian Cancer Market|
|16||Future prospects and conclusion of advanced ovarian cancer|
|17||Opinions of advanced analysts on ovarian cancer|
Get a Custom Pipeline Report @ Advanced Ovarian Cancer Drug Pipeline Report
Browse blog posts
DelveInsight is a leading business consulting and market research firm focused exclusively on the life sciences. It supports pharmaceutical companies by providing them with complete end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. It also provides Health counseling services including credible market analysis that will help accelerate business growth and overcome challenges with a hands-on approach.