Four victims said they were sexually assaulted by a 23-year-old man from Kihei, following his arrest two weeks ago for allegedly soliciting online sex with someone posing as a 13-year-old girl, police said.
Abiola Oluwatimilehin, also known as David Abiola, was among seven men charged with first-degree electronic seduction of a child after arrests March 12-14 in connection with “Operation Keiki Shield 7”.
Police worked with state and federal law enforcement officials to complete the operation targeting online sexual predators.
Following reports of the arrests, “Four victims came forward to report that Oluwatimilehin sexually assaulted them in the past”, Police said in a statement on Thursday.
Three victims said they were sexually assaulted by Oluwatimilehin in 2015, 2016 and 2018, police said. A fourth victim reported that Oluwatimilehin attempted to sexually assault her last year.
Police encouraged anyone who has been sexually assaulted to call the police at 244-6400.
In a hearing Wednesday, Circuit 2 judge Rhonda Loo maintained the bond at $ 150,000 for Oluwatimilehin, who pleaded not guilty to electronic first-degree seduction of a child.
At the time of his arrest, Oluwatimilehin posted $ 21,000 bail to be released for second-degree sexual assault and third-degree sexual assault in another case, Deputy Prosecutor JW Hupp said.
Oluwatimilehin’s bond has been postponed in this case, said deputy public defender Danielle Sears, who asked that his bond be reduced to $ 100,000.
He pleaded not guilty to charges of sexually assaulting a woman while she was sleeping at his residence in February 2018. The woman was the roommate of a person Oluwatimilehin had met on an online dating app, according to the reports. court records.
Oluwatimilehin appeared by video conference from the Maui Community Correctional Center for the hearing on Wednesday.